Mr. Tahir Mahmud
MBBS, BSc(Hons), MRCS, FRCS(Tr&Orth)
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hip and Knee Replacement & Sports Surgery
- Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeons, Harley Street, London
- BMI Alexandra Hospital, Manchester
- Spire Manchester Hospital, Manchester
- Spire Regency, Macclesfield Cheshire
- The Wilmslow Hospital, Wilmslow Cheshire
- Macclesfield District General Hospital
Special Clinical Interests:
- Minimally Invasive Partial Knee Replacement
- Robotic-Assisted Total Knee Replacement
- Conformis (Bespoke) Total Knee Replacement
- Revision Total Knee Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Total Hip Replacement
- Management of early arthritis
- Osteotomy Around the Knee
- Sports Knee Injury Management
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (ACL)
- Multi-ligament Knee Injury
- Patella Instability
- Anterior Knee Pain
- Arthroscopic Knee Surgery (key-hole surgery)
- Meniscal Repair
- Articular Cartilage Reconstruction
- PRP Injections for Sports Injuries and Arthritis
- APS (Autologous Protein Solution) Injections for Arthritis
- Entry onto Specialist Register in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery- September 2011
- Fellowship in Adult Lower Limb Reconstruction, London Health Sciences Centre, University of Western Ontario, London Ontario, Canada
- CCT (Certificate of Completion of Training) in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery, General Medical Council, UK, March 2011
- FRCS (Tr&Orth), Royal College of Surgeons of England, May 2009
- MRCS, Royal College of Surgeons of England, July 2004
- MBBS, University College London School of Medicine, June 2000
- BSc(Hons) First Class Honours Degree in Neurosciences, University College London, June 1997
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee (BASK)
- European Society for Sports Traumatology (ESSKA)
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- General Medical Council (4737687)
Awards and Prizes:
- Certificate of Merit MBBS Surgery, June 2000
- Certificate of Merit MBBS Obstetrics and Gynaecology June 2000
- University College London Hospital Club Bursary , June 1996
- T Mahmud, MC Lyons, DD Naudie, RB Bourne, SJ MacDonald, RW McCalden. Assessing the gold standard: a review of 253 Two-stage Revisions for Infected total knee arthroplasty.
Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. 2012 Oct;470(10):2730-6.
- T Mahmud, DD Naudie. Partial Hip Resurfacing for an Osteochondral Defect of the Femoral Head. A case report.
Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (Am). 2012 Apr;2(2);e14 1-6.
- S Gupta, T Mahmud, A Davy, A Mitchell, AM Williams. Isolated Ischaemic Contracture of Medial Head of Gastrocnemius. Knee Surgery,Sports,Traumatology,Arthroscopy. 2011 Dec 29 (Epub ahead of print)
- T Mahmud, AM Williams. A Technique for Bone Grafting Tibial and Femoral Tunnels in Revision Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction.
Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. 2011 Mar;93(2),173.
- A Narvani, T Mahmud, J Lavelle, AM Williams. Injury to the proximal deep medial collateral ligament: A Problematical Subgroup Of Injuries.
Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (Br). 2010 Jul; 92(7):949-953.
- B Akinola, T Mahmud, N deRoeck. Fracture of an Exeter stem- A case report.
- The Internet Journal of Orthopedic Surgery. 2010 Vol 16(1).
- T Mahmud. Bilateral Acute Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Following Combined Pancreas and Kidney Transplant- A Case Report and Review of The Literature.
Scandinavian Journal Of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Hand Surgery. 2009;43(3):Volume 43 (3):174-6.
- T Mahmud, PHP Dyson, D Basu. Clinical Presentation of Crystal Arthropathy of the Lumbar Spine: A Series of Six Cases and a Review of the Literature.
Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (Br). 2005 Apr;87(4):513-17.
- T Mahmud, M Arastu, H Ellis. The Distribution of Fluid Within the Intra-peritoneal Cavity: A Cadaveric Study.
Clinical Anatomy. 2005 Sep;18(6):443-5.
- T Mahmud, RB Bourne. 'The Direct Lateral Approach to the Hip'.
Chapter in 'AAOS Atlas of Essential Orthopaedic Procedures' This chapter outlines the surgical anatomy, pearls and tips, as well as a step-by-step guide to performing the direct lateral approach to the hip. October 2012